Josh and Taryn had an incredible day. Despite the worst storm this city has seen in 10 years, with power outages and crazy wind, everyone came together to help make this day amazing. Here are a few things that made the day so memorable:
1. Near miss. We finished portraits just as the rain came. The fire alarm went off, and had we not started late to wait for guests, it would have certainly gone off during the ceremony. The kitchen had just one gas oven so we could still have a meal. So many things were narrowly avoided. We were truly blessed!
2. Their day, their way. I loved how Josh & Taryn incorporated things that are truly them! A comic-book centerpiece featuring their story and ice cream sundaes instead of cake were brilliantly “them” :)
3. Intimate setting. With no power at the reception, guests just stood and gave speeches from their seats, and everyone else listened intently so they could hear. It was a unique way of bringing everyone together for a truly “unplugged” wedding.
4. Early reception. Doing an early dinner wedding gave us lots of light, and from what I understand the family had time for an afterparty.
5. First dance. Josh & Taryn had a romantic, elegantly choreographed first dance. A treat to watch.
Josh & Taryn, thank you for having me to document your one-of-a-kind day. Here’s to many years and many more memories as husband and wife!