On a perfectly overcast August day, Ryan & Amy became husband and wife. I’m sure their friends and family will look back on their wedding day with fond memories. Here are some of the things that stood out to me:
1. Sweet little details. Amy is always a thoughtful and caring hostess, which was very evident with all the love she put into the little details on her wedding day.
2. Emotion. Ryan, Amy, and those around them truly embraced the significance of the day… which meant many a tear and a lot of laughter.
3. Extended post-ceremony mingling. Because their reception was smaller, Amy & Ryan made the effort to connect with other friends and family by allowing for extra time (and delicious treats to nibble on!)
4. Relaxed timeline. So often couples try to pack everything into a set number of hours (understandably, it does sometimes help lower costs); this time it was so nice to have a schedule that gave a little extra time for everything. Less stress + more time to fully take in the day!
5. Intimate reception. Ryan’s family’s backyard was completely tented for the occasion, which accomodated their family and bridal party. There’s something so special about intimate weddings. And then the bride & groom invited some friends to come after the speeches (which were fantastic) for cake + dancing!
6. The cake cutting. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Ryan & Amy, what a wonderful day you had! Thank you for having me capture it. Praying for many blessed years ahead for you two!