Alessandro & Lindsey are husband and wife!! These two are dear friends of mine, making it an even greater joy to capture their wedding day. Since they started dating in 2013 I have admired their relationship and how well they complement each other. Their complete surrender, devotion, and love for the Lord has always been at the centre their relationship, and God has blessed them for it. They both share a passion for missions, regularly serving in Mexico’s Copper Canyon (I had the privilege of coming along in May 2014, check out here and here for more photos from that incredible trip!). Their wedding was the most wonderful celebration, here are some of my favourite moments:
1. Their vows. Lindsey & Alex shared their thoughtful and heartfelt vows not only in English, but in Spanish as well!
2. Subway lunch break. Adding a little bit of casual fun to the wedding day!
3. Crazy miracle weather. It was another rainy day in the Lower Mainland… until 2 o’clock – right when we started the photos! The rain ceased and we were left with the most enchanting, dreamy fog. Photographer = happy.
4. The bridal party (and their helpers). Alessandro & Lindsey know how to pick good friends. They were all a joy to spend the majority of the day with. And they even brought two friends along to help hold jackets/warm drinks/umbrellas while we photographed (future brides: not a bad idea if you’re planning a wedding in the colder off-season!).
5. My own moment with the bride. As we were heading back to the cars after taking photos, Alessandro caught up with his groomsmen but Lindsey stayed backed with me. We linked arms, had a little girl talk, and just enjoyed a minute of our own. A special moment to share with a dear friend on her wedding day :)
6. Their low-key reception. Alessandro & Lindsey did away with most traditions for their reception at Stefano’s in New Westminster. This made for a special evening to share with their closest friends and family… and actually get to talk with people they love for more than 30 seconds! A refreshing change of pace.
7. Surprise first dance. Despite leaving out most reception traditions, Alessandro surprised Lindsey with a first dance to a song that was special to the two of them. I loved how he sang to her as they danced. Later the bridal party joined in, and the dance party began!
My most heartfelt congratulations to you, Alessandro & Lindsey! Your wedding was beautiful, and I believe it’s only the mark of a new and wonderful season that God has for you!
Wonderful job Sarah! We are so very grateful. It was a very special day and I’m glad you played a very important roll in it. God bless you.
Felix and Martha Perello