Nathan and Anna are married! After many years together, they are stepping into a brand new adventure by each other’s sides. Their December wedding was so rich, full of friends and family excited to celebrate them. Here are some of my favourite parts of their special day:
1. Anna’s dress. Her beautiful lace wedding dress was custom made, and the lace shell literally had to be sewn to the dress the morning of! Just exquisite.
2. Their optimism. As much as we hoped the rain would hold off, it poured that day. And Nathan and Anna were determined to enjoy their day all the same! Armed with umbrellas and hand warmers, they braved the rain… and their wedding photos turned out all the better for it!
3. Incorporating family. It’s not often that a bride chooses to have her brothers as part of her party. Anna had both her brothers as “bridesmen,” which beautifully demonstrates the special relationship she shares with her family.
4. Childhood moments in the ceremony. Jeff Golby did a fantastic job of officiating the ceremony. One thing he did was ask both parents about moments and qualities that stood out to them as Nathan & Anna grew up. We laughed, and our hearts were warmed from the stories that were shared.
5. Coffee Shop Escape. Because of the time crunch to get photos done before the ceremony, I was keen to take a few more at a nearby coffee shop with Nathan and Anna just before the reception. They were hesitant at first, but it ended up being one of the highlights of the day. Future brides and grooms: planning a little time to escape all the wedding craze and catch your breath is a wonderful idea. The coffee shop was empty, and they treated the bride and groom to a free cup of something hot while I snapped a few relaxed photos. It was the perfect little break to reenergize before the reception.
6. Indian Food! This was definitely a first to have at a wedding when the bride and groom aren’t Indian themselves. It’s Nathan & Anna’s favourite, and it was delicious.
7. Sharing in a day with friends. I’ve known these two through a Summer camp circle of friends for a long time. What a joy to share + photograph their day, knowing in my heart what wonderful people they are. Congratulations Nathan and Anna; I truly believe that God has great things in store for you both!