What a special day it was celebrating Shannon & Derek Fenton. These two are quality people, the kind of friends that you always want to make sure show up to your birthday party. I love their genuine care for the people in their lives, and how they purpose to make life fun! Their shared love for theatre sports and “D” movies shows how much they love to laugh and enjoy life together. Their wedding was a wonderful time with so many friends and family who were thrilled to celebrate the life Derek & Shannon will share together! Here are some of my favourite moments:
1. The ladies got ready at the Hotel Vancouver. A beautiful, elegant way to start the day.
2. The beaming smile on Shannon’s face as she lovingly looked at her husband-to-be while walking down the aisle.
3. All the laughter! Knowing these two, it wasn’t any surprise that their wedding would be full of it.
4. The colours! Loved the whimsical, jewel-tone colour palette Shannon & Derek chose.
5. The buttons. Every guest go a custom button that portrayed an inside joke, memory, or something that Derek & Shannon shared with that guest. Mine was a vintage camera ;)
6. Jill, Shannon’s maid of honour, rewrote the lyrics to “Love Story” – tailored to Derek & Shannon’s love story. It had everyone laughing, and it was a great way to fill in the other guests who didn’t know the story.
7. Mackenzie, Derek’s brother and best man (check out his wedding here!), challenged Derek to a dance off. Oh. my. goodness.
8. The opportunity to spend a day with such amazing people! Derek & Shannon, it’s been an honour to get to know you better of the past year. My heart is full as I reflect on your special day. And I’m so thankful to have shared in it. A million congratulations to you both & may God bless you in the many years to come!
Leave a Reply