Dustin & Anne’s wedding marks Alba Photography’s first destination wedding! Their beautiful ceremony & reception took place at Dustin’s parents’ house in Port Alberni, British Columbia. It’s so wonderful to have the opportunity to photograph in a new place with new inspiration! And despite Port Alberni’s often rainy forecast, the weather held out for us (most of the day). Dustin & Anne are beautiful people with big dreams, always embracing the vision they see in one another. I know there are great thing in store for them!
Here are some favourite moments of their wedding day:
1. The bed & breakfasts/log cabins. Port Alberni seems to have a lot of hidden gems when it comes to finding a place to stay. The cabin Dustin & the boys stayed at had a lot of rugged charm, and the soft lilac walls of Anne’s bed and breakfast made the morning feel even more special.
2. The bow ties. I wasn’t there, but my second shooter tells me that the ENTIRE getting-ready period for the boys was spent trying to figure out how to tie the bow ties. Youtube apparently didn’t help, either, which made for a very interesting morning!
3. Photographing in the forest. Anne studies forestry at UBC, and these two often go hiking/exploring together, making this the perfect location for bride & groom photos.
4. Small guest list. I love big weddings, but I also love small ones. Having only ~60 people meant that Dustin & Anne could spend time with all their guests (and I could make sure I got a photo of everyone!).
5. Anne’s sister’s speech. Sarah gave the most heartfelt speech that has us all in tears (including me), so sweet!
6. Dessert. The pavlova, cake, and home-made cupcakes were out of this world.
7. Running into Anne & Dustin the next day! Ok, I know this is technically not a wedding moment, but on our way back to the ferry, myself and a couple others stopped at Cathedral Grove, an old growth forest on the island. As we were nearly finished our little exploration, we ran into Anne & Dustin! (Figures we’d run into them in a forest). It was fun to say hello, congratulation them again, and even get a photo snapped with them!
Dustin & Anne, your day was beautiful, special, and a joy to photograph! May God continue to bless you both in the many years ahead!