Jason & Ashlee’s wedding was the perfect escape. I absolutely loved photographing their wedding at Camp Howdy in Belcarra BC. Jason & Ashlee are the most easy-going, fun-loving people. There’s no pretence with them – they are genuine from the get-go. I think that’s part of what made their wedding the perfect escape – the mountains, the ocean, the trees, the seals, and the genuine people who were ready to celebrate a wonderful couple. Here are a few of my favourite moments:
1. The location (if I haven’t bragged about it enough). So beautiful!
2. Dragonflies. Right as Ashlee came down the aisle, dragonflies began to fly around the ceremony. It was something out of an enchanted fairytale. Couldn’t have timed it better.
3. Reconnecting. John & Kristen were both in Jason & Ashlee’s bridal party. I photographed their wedding in May, and it was so lovely to reconnect with them.
4. Ashlee meant business. I have never seen a bride who was so game for anything. We were climbing over massive logs and rather dense forrest – and it was here idea to do photos there!
5. The kissing rules. Often these days couples will establish the rule that if you want the couple to kiss: you first have to perform a kiss, and the bride and broom will copy it. Not this time though. Jason & Ashlee reversed that. So they had planned a series of dramatic, romantic, and hilarious kisses that guests would have to copy if they clinked their glass. The result? A lot of laughs!
6. The mother-son dance. Jason & his mom’s first dance seemed to perfectly reflect their relationship. They were cheeky, fun, and oh so loveable. A definite highlight.
Jason & Ashlee, your wedding day was so wonderful, just like the two of you. Thank you for letting me share in it. Congratulations again!