I just love Brett & Nicole. The more I photograph weddings, the more thankful I am for the opportunity to connect with amazing people and share in this special, adventurous season of their lives. Brett & Nicole are certainly 2 of those amazing people. I love their creativity, their authenticity, and their kindness, all of which were on display on their wedding day. Here are a few favourite moments:
1. Their style! Photographing the girls getting ready at Brett & Nicole’s house was a goldmine for inspiration. Stained glass, a million turntable records, natural light, and original hardwood. My heart was so happy. Nicole’s dress was stunning and sophisticated. Loved the pattern of the lace. The boys didn’t look too shabby either ;)
2. The first look. So much raw, genuine emotion and excitement.
3. Going for coffee with the bride. You heard me. Nicole needed to wait a about block away before entering the PAL Theatre for the ceremony (there’s only one entrance), and I wasn’t about to leave her alone in a white dress on her wedding day. So my second shooter went ahead to get the necessary shots, and Nicole & I had a mini coffee date. I snuck in just before the ceremony and the momentous day continued!
4. Ceremony & reception at the PAL Theatre. Nicole & Brett had a small, intimate reception on the rooftop of the PAL Theatre in Coal Harbour. Surrounded by Vancouver’s teal-and-green-tinted skyline, it was a perfect setting for Brett & Nicole to wed.
5. The food. Brett is something of a culinary genius (stop by his & Nicole’s cafe – Tandem – to see for yourself). They did all the food themselves, and it was so very delicious.
6. (This was my personal favourite). WATCHING THINGS COME FULL CIRCLE. On the drive with the girls to Sunset Beach we discovered that the wedding that Brett & Nicole met at 4 years ago (and were together ever since), was officiated by MY DAD! Nicole still remembered some of his words to this day. Unfortunately my dad was unavailable to officiate Brett & Nicole’s wedding, but they unknowingly kept it in the family by hiring his daughter to photograph it all (and the officiant they did end up getting was absolutely lovely).
Brett & Nicole, your day was a very special one and I’m honoured to have shared in it – thank you! I’m confident that the best is yet to come for you two!