James & Liz are the kind of couple I get excited about, the kind of couple that lives with intentionality and purpose. These two are going to make a difference, I have no doubt of it. Their wedding day revealed their genuine love & care for their community, the amazing families that have surrounded and shaped them, and their desire to honour God with their entire lives. I loved their response when I asked them what they were excited for about being married: James said, “We were both blessed to be born into wealthy families and we want to be faithful with the privilege we’ve been given, surrender to the Lord and see how God will use it.” Liz plans to be a doctor, and James a lawyer. They are both passionate about justice and care. Needless to say, me and Laine (my fantastic second shooter) both left that wedding inspired and grateful to get to spend the day with such amazing people.
Here are a few of my favourite moments of their wedding day:
1. Liz getting surprised by the attendance of an out-of-town friend (smiles and tears happened – the best kind!)
2. All the live music during the ceremony was fantastic. Liz & James have some talented friends.
3. Rules for kissing: one of the ways you could get the bride & groom to kiss was by writing and performing a “hip hop hook” (apparently the idea was inspired by James, who likes to freestyle rap)
4. James’ brother proving that nobody knows as much about sports as James in a James-versus-everyone-else sports trivia game. James crushed everyone.
5. The fathers of the bride & groom, instead of giving a speech, prayed a blessing over Liz & James.
6. Cutting the cake with a sword!! It’s a family heirloom on Liz’s side. Future brides and grooms, if you have a sword passed on through your family, use it for your cake cutting!
Thank you Liz & James for letting me share in your big day! Here’s to whatever comes next; may God bless you and direct your path.