Riley & Miranda – best friends together all the time. That’s what they told me they were looking forward to about being married. When they started dating in third year at UBC, their relationship was a natural extension of a very solid, cherished friendship. And seeing this makes it so easy to be excited for them!
I met Riley 6 years ago at Anvil Island (Daybreak Point Bible Camp). And since I was only 16 and he was 20 at the time, I’m sure I started out as an LG who probably tried his patience at least once or twice. But over the next few years volunteering alongside one another, Riley became one of those people I was always grateful to see walk into the room. His genuine care for people is something I admire; makes sense that he would pursue a career in medicine!
One year Riley brought his girlfriend, Miranda, to camp. Both Miranda and I were on an early morning boat ride to the island (I think that was my first time meeting her). Riley was waiting on the dock at the camp. I haven’t told either of them this, but as we docked I will never forget the huge smile on Riley’s face. It was that smile that told me Riley knew Miranda was a keeper.
So now they’ve tied the knot, and the celebration was so great! Favourite moments:
1. Miranda all jittery before the ceremony
2. Riley & Miranda’s rom-com first kiss as husband and wife
2. Blake’s best man speech about how Riley “loves” pranks. The perfect intro for…
3. Miranda’s sister pulling out a persnickety letter that Riley had written to her after being pranked in university. She saved it, saying she knew this day would come!
4. Miranda’s dad talking about how as kids grow up they become your friends; Miranda is a pretty great friend.
5. The amazing live music at the dance party.
6. All the wonderful guests!
Congratulations Riley & Miranda. I’m one of many cheering you on in this new season of married life!
Thank you ever so for you post.Much thanks again. Cool.